Spring flowers have arrived at the Garden Centre this week and are bursting with colour, texture and vibrancy!
Spring brings rain and sunshine creating spectular colours and textures in the Garden. This is the perfect time to plant Spring flowers that will last year after year – perennial plants!
At Lymefield Garden Centre our new British Grown perennial plants have arrived. Grown in the North, near Preston, these are plants suited to our climate and soil with their Spring flowers. Perennial plants are very rewarding in your garden as you can plant once and they will provide their flowers year after year.
Perennial plants provide spring flowers, colour, texture and reliable growth year after year.
Grown near Preston these are hardy perennial plants – meaning that are chosen as they will tolerate our cooler (and sometimes wetter!) climate.
These Spring Flowers perennial plants start at £3.49 each or 5 plants (at £3.49) for £15.
Just arrived today (Friday 12th April) we have fresh herbs and vegetable plants in our Greenhouse. These are ready to plant out but please beware of the frost that is still in the air in the morning at the moment!
Come down to the Garden Centre now to discover a new addition to your garden or find more of your favourite – perennial plants are the heart of a garden providing Spring and Summer flowers.
If you are looking fortop soil or mulch ready for planting please visit ourGarden Centre pages online to get these delivered to your home or order in store when you come and choose.
Looking forward to seeing you and your choices of Spring Flowers soon.
Topsoil is the fertile upper layer of soil, usually 2 to 8 inches (5.1cm to 20cm) in depth. The natural formation of topsoil is a very slow process; it takes around 100 years to form one inch. Topsoil is formed by the weathering of rocks plus the addition of organic matter from decaying plants, animals, mosses, etc. Decaying plant matter enriches the soil, adding the nutrients and minerals essential to support plant life.
That’s enough of the science –topsoil is basically what all your garden plants grow in, and therefore it is very important to have top quality soil in order to see the best results. When you’re looking to buy soil there are a few questions to answer: Where to buy soil? How much is topsoil? Do I need topsoil delivery? And what type of soil do I need?
We sell three types of topsoil;
- A bulk bag of nutrient-rich border soil.
- A blend of Topsoil and compost.
- Based on our Grade-One Loam Topsoil. Contains well-rotted mushroom compost with excellent nutritional properties.
- Perfect for vegetable beds, flower beds, borders, hedging, fruit trees, and more.
- No aspect of the topsoil is reclaimed; it is pure 100% topsoil.
- Turfing Topsoil is the ideal soil to put down in preparation for a new lawn.
- It is the perfect solution.
- A Grade-One loam-based soil with an extremely fine texture.
- No aspect of this topsoil is reclaimed: it is completely free of any rubbish.
and Standard Top Soil
- Our Standard soil is perfect for adding height to sloping borders and raised beds.
- When used as a sub-soil is perfect for improving drainage in island beds and large planters.
At Lymefield, we stock topsoil in loose loads and bulk bags for jobs that need more than a tonne as well as 35 litre bags for your smaller jobs.
At Lymefield Garden Centre, we have a comprehensive delivery service available from Monday to Saturday locally. We deliver widely, to local areas within Cheshire, Derbyshire, and Greater Manchester.