We have an opportunity in our Farm Shop for a Butcher, with sociable day time opening hours to allow you to enjoy your evenings and time off at the weekend.
On site we have an incredibly busy Farm Shop with Butchery and Deli, Tea Room and Garden Centre. The butcher’s counter produce is either home reared or sourced from local farms, ensuring a high quality produce. In our Tea Room we offer delicious homemade food, prepared in our own kitchen, using locally sourced and home reared ingredients from our own onsite Butchery and Delicatessen.
The attributes we are looking for in the successful candidate include:
- Experience of the butchery industry
- Traditional butchery skills and experience in the preparation and display of traditional and kitchen ready cuts, small goods and sausages using carcass meats and poultry
- Strong communication skills both with the team and customers, with a natural ability to build rapport and want to go the extra mile at all times
- Commitment and determination
- Strong time management skills
- Passion to exceed our customer’s expectations
- Excellent food knowledge and passionate about fresh, local, ingredients. A creative and ambitious approach is a must
- Ability to use their own initiative and looking to proactively contribute to seasonal initiatives and events
- Experience of managing stock levels and working with suppliers
- Driving consistency with strong hygiene and food safety procedures and good practices
Our reputation has been built on very high standards for 20 years. These positions are key roles in the natural progression for the business.
In return we will offer a negotiable salary which is dependent upon previous experience, pension with Nest and staff discount on all products at Lymefield. Uniform and lunches are also provided and a great working environment with day-time opening hours allowing you to enjoy your evenings. Christmas and New Year off! We close on 25th, 26th & 27th December as well as 1st, 2nd & 3rd January!
Lymefield Garden Centre, Tea Room & Farm Shop is based in the rural village of Broadbottom, which is on the beautiful Cheshire/Derbyshire border, 2 miles from the end of the M67, with a train station only 10 minutes’ walk away on the Manchester Piccadilly/Glossop line.
If you have dedication, drive and real enthusiasm for our industry and customer services, and would like to demonstrate this in our progressive, proud environment, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your CV or career summary to our Office Manager, Rebecca Pryce-Hammond or call Rebecca on 07899 913 365.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to respond to all applications directly. If you have not heard from us within four weeks, your application would have been unsuccessful, as such we thank you for time and interest in Lymefield and we wish you well with your future career.