Here at Lymefield we have a fantastic part time opportunity (Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturdays) for a Horticulture/Garden Centre Assistant to join our established team. Our reputation has been built on very high standards for 20 years. This position is a key role in the natural progression of the business.
This is the perfect role for someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about horticulture and gardening. We are looking to recruit a proactive team member who takes a pride in their work and customer services.
The attributes we are looking for in the successful candidate include:-
• Excellent horticulture knowledge in order to be able to provide advice to our customer’s;
• Strong communication skills both with the team and customers, with a natural ability to build rapport and want to go the extra mile at all times;
• Ability to use their own initiative and reprioritise in a busy retail environment, both on their own and as part of a team;
• Organised to ensure that all tasks are completed each day, including merchandising and maintaining plants. With good housekeeping standards, to maintain the overall appearance of the site all year round;
• We grow our own turf; therefore an interest in turf growing would be advantageous, as would previous experience in driving tractors, turf cutting and a FLT licence;
• It is important to note that this is a very labour intensive position, where a predominant aspect of the role is manual work and working outside in all weathers;
• Whilst this physically demanding role does not necessarily require any formal qualifications, it does require good plant knowledge; however a qualification in horticulture is preferred but not essential;
• Given our progressive business approach, it would be great if the successful applicant had an interest in the latest digital marketing trends to enable them to add value to our website design and ecommerce
In return we will offer a negotiable salary which is dependent upon previous experience, pension with Nest and staff discount on all products. Uniform and lunches are also provided and a great working environment with day-time opening hours allows you to enjoy your evenings.
If you have dedication, drive and real enthusiasm for our industry and customer services, and would like to demonstrate this in our progressive, proud environment, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your CV or career summary to our Office Manager, Rebecca Pryce-Hammond at Rebecca@lymefield.com or call Rebecca on 07899 913 365.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to respond to all applications directly. If you have not heard from us within four weeks, your application would have been unsuccessful, as such we thank you for time and interest in Lymefield and we wish you well with your future career.