Data can be collected and processed when you use our website. Please familiarise yourself with our methods of collection:
- If you register for information or complete a purchase by filling out a form, you accept that we can collect the information provided.
- You accept that traffic data, weblogs, location data, and any other communication can be collected. These details come from your visit to our website and any resources you use while on the site.
- Any communication on our website or to Lymefield Garden Centre staff allows us to collect information. Circumstances may arise when we need to gather information about your computer to help provide appropriate services or products to you. The data gathered is solely statistical data, which will not be shared with advertisers.
- The facts collected about you are statistical only. No identifying information will be shared about our visitors and how they made use of our site. No personal details will ever be shared with third parties.
- Cookies are used to gather information on how a visitor to the website uses our services. If enabled, cookie files are downloaded by your web browser without prompting. They will be placed on your hard drive and will record information to be used for data collection. A cookie is used to tailor any services/products, as well as the overall website experience we offer you. Only information pertaining to your use of our website will be gathered.
Information stored and collected about you allows us to improve our services or products for you. We may also use your information for the following purposes:
- Clarifying any commitment that we make on a contractual basis.
- If information is requested from our website concerning services or products offered, we may use your data. Products or services which may be of interest to you can also be offered by Lymefield Garden Centre, if permission has been granted.
- Notification of changes or improvements may be sent to you concerning product or service changes that could affect our service to you.
- Existing customers can be contacted on the topic of goods or services related to a previous sale, if we feel you might be interested in these additional goods and services.
- In certain circumstances, we may offer you the opportunity to grant permission for trusted third parties to use your data. This permission would be granted by you in regards to unrelated products or services that you may be interested in. We or third parties can only contact you in regards to this information if consent has been provided for information collection.
- Contact or communications from our website, as a new customer, is only made if you have granted us permission. These communications are only offered for information you consented to and for no other unrelated information.
- Data that you do not want us or third parties to use can be withheld, once consent has been given regarding our collection of your data. We will always provide you with an opportunity to decline communications and our or third party data usage.
- Identifiable data, which could be used to disclose who you are, is never shared. We only provide statistical data about our visitors to third parties like advertisers to ensure your privacy.
The Data Protection Act 1998 was established to govern online electronic communications. The act gives you access to any data we have about you. To gain access to this information a small administration fee of £10 is needed. This fee allows us to process your request by covering our costs. Contact information is given below, which should be used to gain details about information we hold on you.